Hi, I'm MJ Ray. I'm a free software web developer, statistician, sysadmin and writer, living in Setchey near King's Lynn, Norfolk, England and before that I was in Kewstoke, near Weston-super-Mare, Somerset, and this is my personal website. I've such a lot of work to do at the moment that I rarely get time to tidy up this website. Sorry about that. I've been building this website for over ten years, so there's a lot of stuff to organise.
- My social networking profile on Diaspora.
- My profile on LinkedIn.
- My profile on Twitter.
- My software cooperative news articles (a sort of blog).
Cooperatives that I am a member of:-
- Worker-member of software.coop (Turo Technology LLP) (main work)
- Director of Somerset Co-operative Services (also liaison for software.coop)
- Member and Agent for The Phone Coop
- Active member of The Co-operative Group (old news about it)
- Supporter of Cooperatives SW (my news, attending for somerset.coop, steering group member 2006-2010)
- Active member of Anglia Co-operative
- Active member of Norfolk Credit Union
- Idle member of East of England Co-op
- Some others...
Highlights on this site
- About Me.
- News about my local area (I was a very lowly local councillor).
- Email tips page
- Online Banking with GNU/Linux, Firefox-based browsers or Free Software
- alt.satellite.tv.europe FAQ
- My notes on cooperatives and comments on the Cooperative Group in early 2008 and 2007
- shared bookmarks
- old projects: British Languages for Free Software and the Walks Action Group, Links (old)
- Fix My Street, BCKLWN, Norfolk County Council, Norfolk Constabulary and West Winch Parish Council
- Current affairs: KLFM news, BBC Norfolk, Weather Online, Met Office forecast, River Nar Flood Monitor
- UK Power Networks for those frequent electricity cuts, Anglian Water
- Lynx and Traveline East Anglia for bus services. Stagecoach's website is unusably awful. Train times.
- King's Lynn Cinema Listings
- Previous: Kewstoke Today (including the village news magazine) and North Somerset Council, Flood Warnings for Somerset Coast at Kewstoke and Sand Bay, Local utilities (links to Electricity, Water and Sewers), National Grid: UK Gas, Avon and Somerset Constabulary: Kewstoke beat, First Bus the West (check these for service updates)
My email page has contact info (and tips on writing good email that won't get lost among the spam) or you can use my work contact form. If you're replying to an article on my site, there should be a comments form near it - if so, please use it. Thanks. Hope to hear from you soon.
This website is copyright 2000-2020 MJ Ray. All Rights Reserved. Unless
otherwise marked, images marked [C] in their alt tags and the text of this
site may be reproduced and distributed in whole or in part in any medium
provided that this notice is preserved and that the reproduced part is clearly
Some photographs are from freeimages.co.uk DHD Photo Gallery and tsw.org.uk. They have their own terms.