For general background, please see TheWalks.co.uk.
I maintain a list of council and panel meetings.
I am mostly interested in the surveys done in 1998 and 2000, especially the reliability of the results and how they have been used to justify the bid. For this, I am repeating the 1998 survey. If you have a few minutes to fill it in, please do.
I will publish results and more here later.
I currently hold the following documents about this. Ones marked * can be supplied on request. Others can be consulted at a mutually convenient meeting. Email mjr at dsl.pipex.com
- The Walks Urban Park Restoration Project, briefing note *
- The Walks: 1998 Survey, briefing note *
- The Walks: save the trees and the wildlife, leaflet from the Walks Action Group
- Environmental Information Regulations (SI 1992/3240)
- Preliminary Consultation Surveys, extract from BCKLWN stage one bid and notes upon it
- Quotes about consultations from BCKLWN Walks stage two HLF bid
- Letter from an arboriculture consultant
- Restoring and Reviving The Walks in King's Lynn August 2004 update, letter from BCKLWN
- Summary of players in the Walks drama, from Walks Action Group
- The Vision for King's Lynn 2000-2020, BCKLWN leaflet
- 4-page Walks project advert from Norfolk Citizen
Lynn News articles (+ means I have a copy, otherwise find your own)
- Her Majesty bids well: Let the festivities begin + (quote from me), 14 Sep 2004
- Welcome to Death Valley +, 13 Aug 2004
- Wood in The Walks +, 6 Aug 2004
- Lynn Walks to lose 130 trees, 6 Jul 2004
- Taking The Walks into the 21st century, 1 Jun 2004
- What do YOU think of £4m Walks plan?, 12 May 2004
- £4.3m Walks revamp to start next year?, 13 Jan 2004
- New booklet on Lynn's Walks , 20 Jun 2003
- £5 million revamp for The Walks, 19 Apr 2002
- Bad note as vandals silence band, 13 Aug 2001
- Plea for added security in Walks, 15 Jun 2001
- £3M bid to improve Lynn Walks, 13 Feb 2001
Other media coverage:
- Short quote from MJ Ray, recorded by telephone on Wed 15 Sep, broadcast in morning bulletins on KLFM from 6am on Thu 16 Sep - recording available, also news item without quote
- Interview with Dave Cooper, recorded at Charter Carnival on Sun 12 Sep, broadcast on BBC Radio Norfolk's "Norfolk Today" show before 8am, Mon 13 Sep - did anyone hear or record this?